5 Pieces of Wellness Advice from Sara DiVello
Sara DiVello is a national yoga teacher, speaker and author of the best-selling book, Where in the OM Am I? One Woman’s Journey from the Corporate World to the Yoga Mat, which was selected by Shape Magazine as a best summer read and Working Mother as one of the top eight memoirs of the year. She has appeared on CBS and the Huffington Post Live, as well as in Forbes, The New York Times, ABC, CNBC, The Washington Post, The Boston Globe, The Philadelphia Inquirer, The Boston Herald, USA Today, Boston Magazine and many more. Her articles have appeared in Marie Claire, Cosmopolitan, Redbook, Dr. Oz The Good Life Magazine, MindBodyGreen, Woman’s Day and more.
Now that’s someone you want wellness advice from. Here are her 5 pieces of wellness advice—take them to heart!
- Begin (or continue!) the work of finding your path and stepping into your most fulfilling life. You will always feel you’re “too busy,” or “too stressed,” or pressured that you “have” to do something for someone else. But this IS your life and the time IS now. So begin (or continue) this brave, beautiful work of finding and living your most fulfilling life because you deserve to live a life you totally love.
- Take time to ask yourself 3 questions: 1) Where in the OM Am I? (in my life, in this moment, in this relationship, whatever); 2) What do I need in this moment? 3) Does this FEEL right?
- Look at time as currency. Nobody I know has unlimited money—and neither do we have unlimited time. Look at time as a form of currency—then spend yours wisely. Choose to spend it on those worthy of being in your life.
- Weed your garden. As an urban gardener, I mean that literally. 🙂 But I also mean that figuratively. When you are tuned in to yourself and acting from a place of grounded centeredness, you can take stock of your life. Make sure you are weeding out what (and whomever!) no longer serves you in a positive way. A good way to gauge what needs to get weeded? Tune in to how you feel after spending time with that person or doing that activity. Do you feel energized? Do you feel drained? Let your energetic barometer be your guide.
- Get good sleep. If you’re aren’t well-rested it will be hard to live your best life or feel like your best self.
See what other wellness experts have to say in our full 5 Pieces of Wellness Advice series.
JOIN THE WELL COMMUNITY
Sign up to get the latest well insiders stories delivered to your inbox every week.