Koya Webb is a Celebrity Holistic Health Coach and Yoga Instructor who has worked with Stevie Wonder, India Aire, Ashley Judd, Colin Johnson and many other singers, actors, models, corporations and organizations passionate about healthy living. Now that’s someone you want to get wellness advice from, right?
She’s putting her expertise to good use with these 5 tips, from Koya to you.
- One of the first things I encourage my Get Loved Up community to do when wanting to start a healthier lifestyle is breathwork. This is the one thing everyone alive can do with no excuses. Breathing exercises will help you decrease stress levels and think clearly about what you’re doing. Meditation, yoga, resistance training or any form of movement is better when you’re breathing properly.
- My favorite way to find inner peace is through meditation. Regular meditation can improve your mental, spiritual and emotional health. The biggest question I get is how does one start and the answer is simple: Sit or lie down in a comfortable position and listen to your breath. I usually like to start each meditation session with some type of breath work then I find stillness for 10-60 minutes depending on my schedule that day.
- My favorite go-to for holistic health is yoga. Yoga is my best friend and it helped me heal from a back injury in college. Now I teach others yoga because I want them to receive that same gift of healing and daily transformation. Yoga increases circulation throughout the body and strengthens and stretches joints, ligaments and muscles. Yoga is also a beautiful reflection of life because its a journey that ultimately unites us.
- Hydration is one of the most important things you can do for healthy skin and a clear mind. I drink half my weight in ounces on a daily basis and eat lots of hydrating fruits and veggies. I love to infuse my waters with essential oils and herbs.
- One of the biggest factors that contributes to my wellness and the health of the planet is following a plant-based diet. Consuming fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds and super foods has been my lifestyle for over 12 years and my health just keeps getting better and better. My skin is clear, I don’t get sick, I have tons of energy and choosing a plant-based diet has been one of the most impactful things I’ve done to reduce my carbon foot print.
Want more advice? See what other wellness experts have to say in our full 5 Pieces of Wellness Advice series.