Fall’s Here! Add a Pumpkin Spice Face Mask to Your DIY Routine
It’s actually official: The start of fall is here! With the Autumn Equinox (September 22) making its way past us, it’s time to dive head-first into all things pumpkin. And we thought we’d start with a DIY Pumpkin Spice Face Mask.
Pumpkin is great for your skin for so many reasons: It has a small molecular structure that lets its vitamins penetrate deeper into the skin than other topical ingredients, so it can help soothe a myriad of skin issues.
Tired, mature skin: Pumpkin is rich in vitamin A, which soothes and softens your skin, and vitamin C, an antioxidant that can help remedy damage produced by free radicals (read: lightens pigmentation).
Blemish-prone skin: Pumpkin is full of vitamins E and T, inflammation fighters that reduce pore size and control excess oil. The zinc in pumpkin seeds and flesh helps balance hormone levels and assists with healing the skin, all in promotion of clearer skin.
Dry skin: The natural enzymes pumpkin contains can help dissolve dry skin cells, while beta-carotene-rich antioxidants remove old surface skin cells, and promote new cell growth.
Want to harness the power of pumpkin on your own? Here’s our easy DIY Pumpkin Spice Face Mask.
DIY Pumpkin Space Face Mask
1. 1/4 cup pureed pumpkin (fresh is best, but canned works too!)
2. 1 whole egg to nourish (yolk) and subtly tighten skin (white)
3. 1 teaspoon honey to seal in moisture and help battle breakouts
4. Oily skin additive: A splash of apple cider vinegar for an astringent effect
5. Dry skin additive: A splash of whole milk for the exfoliating lactic acid
6. Extra exfoliating additive: Finely ground, brewed coffee grounds for a gentle scrub and tightening effect
1. Whisk together pumpkin and egg.
2. Add in your honey and blend until smooth.
3. Mix in your preferred additives.
4. Apply to skin evenly. Rinse after 10-20 minutes.
Want more DIY skincare? Try our 3 DIY Manuka Honey Masks.
JOIN THE WELL COMMUNITY
Sign up to get the latest well insiders stories delivered to your inbox every week.