#MyCleanBeautyShelf: What Erin Williams, Founder of Erin’s Faces, Uses Daily
Makeup artist Erin Williams moved to NYC after graduating from Texas Christian University with a BFA in Musical Theatre. She started her career working at makeup/skincare counters and then started doing makeup for fashion week/red carpet events. Later, she figured out a way to roll all her interests into one, and created her line Erin’s Faces to empower and educate women (and dudes who will wash their faces). Here’s what this beauty expert keeps in her #MyCleanBeautyShelf.
My beauty philosophy is…
I really do believe that when we’re living our truth, we feel the most beautiful and, as such, have confidence, which makes us appear more beautiful. That’s what I want to instill in people—confidence.
I love this quote from Mary Baker Eddy: “The recipe for beauty is to have less illusion and more soul.” And that’s what the elevated side of me strives for. The other side of me loves some beachy waves and glowy skin. 🙂
First thing in the morning, I…
Give my dog, Jasper, a tummy rub, check the news and get going.
My morning skincare routine
I pretty much just use Erin’s Faces products skincare-wise, so I start with either our Clarifying Charcoal Cleanser or Soothing Aloe Cleanser, depending on how oily my skin is feeling, and follow that up with some Clarifying Serum (which is my favorite product we make!). Then I’ll do a little Firming Eye Gel and some Peptide SPF 30 mixed with a drop of our Tamanu Oil. Add some Organic Peppermint Lip Balm and I’m good to go.
My morning haircare routine
A messy bun or braid generally. If I’m actually doing my hair, I’ll use a few drops of our Monoi Tiare Oil as a heat protectant, and then mist it with John Master’s Organics Sea Mist Spray and curl it with my Sultra Bombshell Curling Iron. I use Josh Rosebrook’s Firm Hold Hairspray all over, Captain Blankenship’s Mermaid Dry Shampoo on my roots and Reverie’s Milk on my ends (which is my fave hair product and smells delicious).
My morning makeup routine
Most days—our Organic Peppermint Lip Balm and that it. 🙂 If I’m actually doing my makeup, I’ll do our Brightening Eye Primer, one of our Liquid Eyeshadows, mascara from FitGlow or Honest Beauty, our Mineral Foundation, our new concealer we’ll be launching soon (!!), our Aloe Setting Powder (one of my makeup faves), our Mineral Blush, our Fairy Dust as a highlighter, one of our lippies and I’ll fill my brows in.
My favorite beauty tip
So many things… 🙂
- Physical sunscreen is your friend—make sure your SPF uses non-nano zinc and/or titanium dioxide and nothing else as the active ingredients. And that you use it every day. Even when it’s raining. I know. Do it anyhow.
- Petroleum-based lip balms, in my opinion, are no bueno and you’re going to end up eating them, so stick with options that don’t include petroleum, petrolatum or mineral oil.
- If you’re over 30, I think you should use an eye cream.
- I’m not a fan of silicone in your serum—it’s false advertising that makes your skin feel soft but it’s really the product, not your face.
- With makeup—anything you highlight (use a light color on) appears larger and anything you contour (use a dark color on) appears smaller. So, if you’re using a dark shadow color all over your eyelid you’re making your eyes smaller. Same thing if you line the whole thing top and bottom with black. Not a problem for everyone, but good to know if you’re going for bigger eyes.
- Blush and eyebrows make everyone look younger.